Interesting Facts About Colorado
HERE'S SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT MY FAVORITE STATE
- Colorado is home of the largest national rodeo.
- "Beulah red" is the name of the red marble that gives the Colorado State Capitol its distinctive splendor....and Colorado used all of the "beulah red" marble in the world.
- The state flower is the Rocky Mountain Columbine.
- Colorado was the second state in the U.S. to give women the right to vote.
- Colorado is famous for World-Class Skiing, Rocky Mountain National Forest, Pike's Peak, Great Sand Dunes, Mesa Verde Ancient Cliff Village, World's Highest Highway.
- The United States federal government owns more than 1/3 of the land in Colorado.
- Colorado is the eighth-largest state, encompassing 104,247 square miles.
- Katherine Lee Bates wrote "America the Beautiful" after being inspired by the view from Pikes Peak.
- Dove Creek is the "Pinto Bean" capital of the world.
- The world's largest natural hot springs pool located in Glenwood Springs.
- Colorado's first and oldest military post, Fort Garland was established in 1858 and commanded by the legendary frontiersman Kit Carson.
Another interesting fact: My favorite town in Colorado is Steamboat Springs, my home-town! If your interested in finding a home in Steamboat Springs, Give Me A Call, Y'all!
CLICK HERE TO LOOK AT HOMES
Searching for houses for sale in steamboat springs? CLICK HERE
by Joan Connelly